Chris Eubank Jr is excited about his future in boxing.
The 33-year-old’s career was seemingly on the line when he rematched Liam Smith at the AO Arena in Manchester on Saturday night after getting knocked out by ‘Beefy’ at the same venue in January.
Eubank Jr put in a punch-perfect performance to drop Smith twice on his way to a tenth-round stoppage victory that kept him in world title contention and set up a potential fight with Conor Benn.
“I knew I always had that in me,” Eubank Jr told talkSPORT’s Gareth A. Davies post-fight.
“My back was against the wall, I had no other option but to go out there and put it all on the line.
“Do or die. I said it before and it’s the truth, if you put me in a situation like that I’m going to come out on top because I have to.”
Eubank believes his win over Smith is among the greatest of his career.
“One of them. Especially coming off the back of a defeat last time, that bar was low,” he added when asked if it was his best-ever performance.
“People were saying, I’m shot, I’m too old, I’ve got too much money, I don’t want to be in the sport anymore. I’m not dedicated, Roy Jones is messing me up, I switch trainers too much, I play poker too much, I talk to too many girls – the list goes on.
“The fact of the matter is, my life is boxing. I’m in the gym every day even when I’m not in fight camp, that’s how I can put on performances like that.”
Eubank Jr was supposed to fight Benn last October, but their pay-per-view clash was cancelled after ‘The Destroyer’ failed two drug tests.
Since then, Benn has been embroiled in a scandal, but recently he has been plotting his return to the ring and Eubank Jr could be a potential option if he is fully cleared to fight again.
The man himself just wants to put on fan-friendly fights.
“I want to do whatever the fans want to see,” Eubank Jr said.
“There’s some huge names out there, there’s some big opportunities.
“World titles, big fights, it’s all on the table.”