Eddie Hearn says a clash between Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn could happen as soon as December 2 or 9.
This comes after both men called each other out following Eubank’s terrific performance in his rematch with Liam Smith which saw him knock out the Liverpudlian.
The pair were previously scheduled to clash in October last year, but the fight was cancelled after Benn failed two drugs tests.
Since then, Benn has been embroiled in this scandal and he was recently cleared to return by the National Anti-Doping Panel, but this decision has been appealed by UK Anti-Doping and the British Boxing Board of Control, once again leaving Benn in limbo.
But the 26-year-old wants to get back to boxing and before taking on Eubank, which Hearn says would happen on either December 2 or 9, it seems that first Benn might return in a warm-up bout, having not fought since April 2022.
And there are a few options for him, as Matchroom have a show in Orlando in the USA on September 23 or in London in the UK on September 30.
“We’re having conversations, decent communications with the board about Conor boxing on September 30,” Hearn told IFL TV.
“They haven’t rejected and those conversations are ongoing. He has the option because he’s licensed in America and he’s not suspended anywhere.
“The board are happy for him to fight in Orlando, they’re not going to object to it or say that he can’t fight because they can’t, he’s not suspended.
“He’s been cleared of his suspension so that’s an option as well and ideally we would like him to fight before he goes into that huge fight which will be in December.”
Hearn continued: “He will go into that fight straight off the bat, but he hasn’t boxed for over a year-and-a-half now so a ten or an eight [round fight], he won’t want an eight, it doesn’t even have to be a big fight of any magnitude.
“Just go out there and dust the cobwebs off before you have a career-defining fight and that’s something that we’ll have to decide this week.”